Links

28 February 2009

Infantry… 3rd Squad 2nd Platoon

So I realized today that I have posted almost nothing outside of tanks since I've had this blog. The reason is simple really, I had painted 99% of my Infantry prior to starting the tanks. That I am here to say is over! Over I tell ya! With the apparent drop in trooper cost with the upcoming codex, I decided it's time finish off the other 50 guardsmen that I had sitting around in the Keller. The only problem with them is that I got them off eBay so they are already glued together and based in black, but just so show that I'm getting to work on them here's the first squad.


They're heads are missing because I'm waiting for them to arrive. I picked up a little over a hundred heads from West Wind Productions last week and plan on putting them on my entire army (Pictured below). It's gonna take a while to get them all painted and then remove all the old heads to add the new ones, but with the slow down in the economy I suddenly find myself (like so many others recently) with plenty of time on my hands. The rucksacks are from The Assault Group and the extra ammo pouches are courtesy of green stuff. Oh, and the scopes on the rifles are from the Tau Carbine somehow I ended up with about 60 of those sitting around and I don't even play Tau...


And just because, here's an updated pic of my IG Army. The troopers all belong to the 313th Drop Troop Rgt. while all the armor and support comes from the 73rd Armored Rgt.


5 comments:

  1. These guys look really good, the back pack/pouches are nicely done.
    Make the most of the extra time on your hands,as i'm sure you'll be back at the grind stone very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on those guys.
    The unique backpacks make them stand out from regular guard troops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried about the backpacks at first because they were from the Vietnam collection, but once I got a few glued on they really took to me. Now I've got at least 4/5 in each squad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article is usefull for me. I’ll be coming back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! some pretty good word the attention to detail is really great. like Andy hese guys look really good, the back pack/pouches are nicely done.

    ReplyDelete