Links

05 September 2012

Exterminator Weathering Repaint

As mentioned in my previous post I decided to try out the so called "Salt technique" to weathering.  Now in almost every How-To I could find your supposed to wash off the Salt with water.  Seeing that my Exterminator is made from Cereal box that wasn't exactly an option.  Instead I had to deal with brushing the salt off with a stiff brush and gently with a plastic sculpting  knife.  Here's a close up of the end result.

Now as you can see it wasn't the best of clean up jobs, but it got the job done.  I have sense gone back and touched up the couple of white spots but others I've left.  I figure once I go back and use weathering powders many of those spots and blemishes will blend away.

Overall, for the first try I don't think it turned out that bad.  I learned a bit in the process and will need to remember to not use so much Hairspray next time, as well as spraying a lighter coat of brown.  In the picture above the line from where the tape was is quite visible.  :)

More to follow... as time allows...

No comments:

Post a Comment