Links

29 January 2010

Crimson Fists Captain Cortez

Well I mentioned in an earlier post that I've been wanting to paint some Crimson Fists for my Black Templar army, Yes the one that I rarely use.  This has been an idea of mine since, oh say 3 years or so and one that's finally seeing the light of day.  It's been a while since I've really painted any SM's and the Attack bike I did a few weeks ago really was fun to do.

So it's been a pleasant few days working on this guy on the side.  A much needed break from IG and the Warhound I'm building.   As you can see I didn't go all out on him, and left a few places empty so that I can add stuff later.  You see I'm the type of player that likes to add decorations after using models in a game, like war trophies.

Now I've only got 10 more Fists to paint, and a 2nd Attack bike and this little force will be done.   I'm hoping to have them done by summer but with the other projects I have planned we'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I like the shades of blue and red you've used, very nice. I'll admit I was never a fan of that particular sculpt, but you really made it pop. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments.

    I can't say I'm a big fan of the sculpt either, but he's been sitting in my bitz box for years, and seeing that I needed a break from IG I thought I'd get him painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work on Cortez! I just started reading the new BL Rynn's World book, and Cortez is a major character in the begining of the book. I've also slowly been working on a CF force, and own him and Kantor. I might have to take a break from my usual stuff and paint those two up. Good Luck with the rest of your force.

    ReplyDelete